USAT’s tuition reimbursement program: paying for school has never been easier
Posted: February 2, 2021
When it comes to changing careers or learning a new skill set, one of the barriers can be the financial cost. At USA Truck, we believe that cost shouldn’t prohibit you from achieving your dream of becoming a professional truck driver. Our tuition reimbursement program is one of the many benefits we offer USAT drivers. It provides student drivers who have completed a 160-hour Class A CDL school program with up to a $5,000 reimbursement for out-of-pocket school expenses.
Here’s everything you need to know about our tuition reimbursement program:
- We’ll pay a maximum tuition reimbursement of $5,000. This is to reimburse you for amounts you’ve already paid or are due in the future.
- You’ll need to submit receipts for amount paid or invoice showing remaining balance, as well as a copy of the contract from the school or financial institution. These must be included with your tuition reimbursement application to our payroll department.
- This application can be submitted upon hire but must be submitted within 12 months of completing your 160-hour course.
- The reimbursement is paid at $25 per week directly to the student. We do not reimburse your school or financial institution.
- Drivers must be actively employed by USAT. If you take a leave of absence, your reimbursements will resume once you return to work.
- Reimbursements cannot be paid to another carrier. We will also not reimburse funds already paid by grants or an unemployment program.
- Tuition reimbursements will begin the first month after you start employment and added to your last check of the month.
Have more questions about our tuition reimbursement or what opportunities USAT has for student drivers? Reach out to us today - we’d love to chat with you!